The S-shaped didgeridoo is a unique variation of the traditional didgeridoo instrument, characterised by its distinctive curved shape. This unique design allows for a more comfortable playing position and can create a more versatile range of sounds compared to a straight didgeridoo. The S-shaped didgeridoo is more compact, lighter and easier to carry as compared to the traditional Didgeridoo. It is believed that the S-shaped design originated from the need for a more portable and practical instrument, especially for traveling musicians.
Our S-Shaped Didgeridoos have been handcrafted from high-quality Suar wood. This wood is known for its durability and resonant qualities, which enhance the sound produced by the instrument. The instrument is beautifully dot painted with artwork to add to its visual appeal. The unique shape of the S-shaped didgeridoo allows for a more comfortable playing position and offers a wider range of sounds compared to traditional straight didgeridoos.
● The S-Shaped Didgeridoos are much more compact and lighter weight than the traditional ones.
● They weigh around 900 grams and are 40 cm long and 28cm wide, making it easier for musicians to carry and transport as compared to a traditional Didgeridoo.
● The Inner Diameter of the tube is around 3.5cm at the blowing end and around 10cm at the outlet.
● The Didgeridoos come with beautiful artwork painted on them, adding to their visual appeal.
● The unique S-shape of the didgeridoo allows for a more comfortable playing position and offers a wider range of sounds.
Playing the S-Shaped Didgeridoo required mastering the circular breathing technique. Circular breathing is a technique that enables the wind instrumentalist to maintain a sound for long periods of time by inhaling through the nose while maintaining airflow through the instrument, using the cheeks as bellows. To play the S-shaped didgeridoo, the musician must first position the instrument comfortably against their lips and create a seal between their lips and the mouthpiece of the didgeridoo. They then use their vocal tract and lips to produce vibrations, which are amplified by the shape and material of the instrument.
Taking proper care of your spiral didgeridoo is essential to ensure its longevity and optimal performance. Here are some care instructions to follow:
Showing 0 reviews.